St. Mary’s School offers a comprehensive and challenging curriculum that includes daily religious education. Our curriculum meets the standards determine by the Archdiocese of Washington. Our staff is committed to helping each child realize his/her full academic potential.
Accreditations & Memberships
St. Mary’s School is a Cognia Accredited School.
St. Mary’s also holds memberships with a number of education related associations including the following:
- National Catholic Education Association
- Maryland State Department of Education-Certified Pre-K Program
- Elementary School Principal Association
- Association for Supervisions and Curriculum Development
- National Association of Student Councils
- National Junior Honor Society
- National Association for Middle Schools
- International Reading Association
- American Guild of English Handbell Ringers
St. Mary’s offers a comprehensive, challenging, standard-based curriculum. Our courses include the following:
- Reading (Accelerated is offered)
- Math (Accelerated is offered)
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Library Science
- Physical Education
- Middle School Enrichment Classes
Additionally, St. Mary’s offers full-day prekindergarten 3 & 4 classes, a full-day kindergarten program, and Before and After Care Programs..
St. Mary’s School begins each school day with morning prayers, 10 minutes when students, teachers, and administrators pray together. Students attend mass every Friday and on holy days.
Religion is a required class for each grade. Families of other faiths are welcome, and all children take religion class together. This focus on faith provides a community ethic for appropriate interactions among students. St. Mary’s operates within the tradition of the Archdiocese of Washington.
St. Mary’s School staff works with the Director of Religious Education and the church community to prepare students to receive the following sacraments: First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation.